20080502

Recipes and Magazines

Maybe it's because food isn't my thing, or if I wanted to look at recipes I would've subscribed to a food magazine, but it always irritated me that a goodly section of my gardening and home design magazines were devoted to food. It's like, can't you leave that off for awhile? It's not what I am here for.

But I find now, as I am putting together my own sort of blog version of those two lifestyle things, gardening and home, the food part is creeping in - what we serve for the holidays - a collection of recipes with contributions from friends and family members, the recipes the kids now call and ask for, the ones you pass along to friends...Maybe it is because I am now, finally, at 50, finding myself with time to pay attention to the food and entertaining aspect of life, the gourmet cooking, and all... maybe it is because the kids have developed a bent for just that, and it is fun to join them.

Is it part of the package? Or is it just too cumbersome to set up another blog just for that? Either way, I'll be adding them here. Katie's Fig Recipe, Logan's Vodka Rustica, Chris and Deb's Apricot Grand Marnier Stuffing...and more. If they were sourced, I'll include the sources. Some sources may lave been long obscured by time.

No comments:

More: