20130730
Sometimes, neglect is exuberant
The roses are amazing - the 'carpet' rose is 4' tall, profusely flowering; Hot'Buttered Popcorn also flowering like crazy. The white parahebe is an amazing addition, and looks especially nice at night, lit up with a solar spotlight.
BUT.
Sometimes it's not...
And this is what I mean when I say I am starting over. Everything has to be cut back, blackberries are mixed in with the good stuff. The devastation is amazing. We're unearthing lots of what was once good, but it's not as easy and romantic as The Secret Garden makes it seem.
Nonetheless, there's hope. We'll see.
Labels:
2013,
Back Yard,
In progress,
Maintenance
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
More:
-
Putting in the sidewalk and the gate to the backyard was the first step really. A step towards setting up the infrastructure, making a mark...
-
The Bumblebee Garden This is the side yard, where the kids were digging in the picture above. It was a strip of dirt and weeds. There was...
-
◼ Turn Your Blog into a Book with Blog2Print To continue Blogger's 10th anniversary celebration, I’m delighted to announce that Blog2Pri...
-
Two gorgeous warm sunny days in a row. A break from the rain and fog. Hot enough the kids wanted to run through the sprinklers. Not unexpect...
No comments:
Post a Comment